SIS Science Talk
SIS invites three guests each semester to give a talk on the core subjects of SIS (namely systems science, innovation and sustainability research). The talks are given in English and take place Tuesday at 12:30 pm.
- “How to Reduce or to Prevent Greenwashing in International Supply Chains” Dr. Adolf Peter, Shanghai University of Political Science and Law, 4 May 2021
- “The changing role of life cycle assessment (LCA) in the built environment” Dr. Andreja Kutnar and Dr. Erwin M. Schau, University of Primorska, Slovenia 6.Oktober 2020
- The path towards sustainable e-mobility by Ass.-Prof. Dr. Matevž Obrecht; on January 28, 2020
- 15 years “proPellets Austria”: Experiences with the introduction of a new energy carrier in Austria by Dr. Christian Rakos on January 21, 2020
- Dr. Marat Karatayev (Ernst mach Scholar), "The importance of nexus approach to water-energy-food security for transitional and resource-rich countries", May 14, 2019
- Prof. Dr. Kua-ananTechato (Prince of Songkhla University, Thailand), "Failure of MSW Management in Thailand and a Possible Solution", April 2, 2019
- Dr. Michael Schaller (sustainable – Agentur für Nachhaltigkeit), "Human Rights in the Supply Chain", March 12, 2019
- Prof. Dr. Marzia Traverso (University of Technology Aachen, Germany), "Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment", March 5, 2019
- Prof. Dr. Maria Rosario Partidario (University of Lisbon and University of Aalborg), "Impact Assessment as an Instrument of Governance for Strategic Change – Enabling the SDGs", October 16, 2018.
- Dr. Mateja Dovjak (University of Ljubljana), "Deteriorated Environmental Quality as a Collateral Damage of Energy Efficiency: Barriers and Challenges for Sustainable Buildings", October 9. 2018.
- Prof. Dr. Ulli Vilsmaier (Leuphana Universität of Lüneburg), “Transdisciplinary Research as Transformative Praxis”, June 26, 2018.
- Dr. Weena Gera (University of the Philippines Cebu), “Rethinking Scales in Urban Disaster Management for Local Sustainability: Insights from the Philippines’ Flood Risk Governance”, June 8, 2018.
- Dr. Annukka Näyhä (Jyväskylä University), “Drivers and resources of Finnish forest-based companies in transition to the circular bio-economy”, May 15, 2018.
- Prof. Dr. Jonatan Pinkse (University of Manchester), ”Corporate Sustainability: Topics, theories and methods”, April 17, 2018.
- Prof. Dr. Anne Toppinen (University of Helsinki), "Future pathways of fiber-based packaging in the circular bio-economy”, April 10, 2018.
- Prof. Dr. Marina Fischer-Kowalski (University of Klagenfurt), "The Anthropocene: Humans lock-in with Fossil Fuels, and their Lock-out", January 30, 2018.
- Prof. Dr. Verena Winiwarter (University of Klagenfurt), "Sustainable Development in Historical Perspective", December 12, 2017.
- Prof. Dr. Sanjay Patnaik (George Washington University, Washington DC), "Analyzing Firm Responses to Transnational Climate Change Regulations: Evidence on Rent-Capturing Behavior by Multinational Companies", November 21, 2017.
- Prof. Dr. Visvanathan (Asian Institute of Technology), “Global Economic Transition and Next Evolutionary Acts: Progress of Circular Economy in ASEAN”, June 13, 2017.
- Urška Fric, Ph.D. Fellow (Faculty of Information Studies in Novo mesto and School of Advanced Social Studies in Nova Gorica, Slovenia), "Socio-cultural factors and their influence on the structuring of industrial symbiosis networks", May 16, 2017.
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schwarzbauer (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences), "Advantages and limits of a simulation model for the analysis of sustainable forest management and forest-product markets: The case of FOHOW", May 2, 2017.
- Prof. Dr. Bo Weidema (Aalborg University, Denmark), "The end of LCA: Unleashing the consumer power with decentralised network technology", April 25, 2017.
- Prof. Dr. Yasushi Kondo (Waseda University, Tokyo), "Regional distribution and losses of end-of-life steel throughout multiple product life cycles", December 13, 2016.
- Prof. Dr. Bo Hu (Universität der Bundeswehr München) “Small system dynamics models for economical and ecological evaluation of political options”, November 22, 2016.
- Prof. Dr. Nina Hampl (University of Klagenfurt), “Interorganizational Network, Bottlenecks and Architectural Advantage in an Emerging Industry”, June 21, 2016.
- Dr. Andreas Pölzl (Integrated Consulting Group), “An Integrated Consulting Approach: Modernizing the Government of the City of Graz”, June 7, 2016.
- Dr. Karl H. Müller (Univ. of Ljubljana/Steinbeis Transfer Center New Cybernetics), “Second-Order Systems Science: An Overview”, April 26, 2016.
- Dr. Pauline Deutz (University of Hull), “Déjà vu: Managing resources in a Circular Economy”, April 5, 2016.
- Dr. Hannes Klampfl-Pernold (SSI Schäfer Peem GmbH, Graz), "Circularity - A closer look into Waste Management’s 6th Development Stage", January 19, 2016.
Institut für Systemwissenschaften, Innovations- und Nachhaltigkeitsforschung