(20 hours a week, temporary employment for 1,5 years with the option of an extension to 3 years, position to be filled as of now)
- Participation in the research of the Christian-Doppler (CD) Pilot Laboratory for Sustainable Product Management in a Circular Economy
- Specialization on data science in the area of sustainability assessment and design
- The research in the CD Laboratory will be centred on:
- the identification of methods and instruments for collecting sustainability data (i.e., environmental, social and economic data) throughout circular product life cycles,
- the definition of relevant and suited types of sustainability data,
- the development of feasible concepts for (1) acquiring the identified data from different sources of product life cycle data and for (2) assuring the quality of these data.
- Conducting a dissertation in the context of the research in the CD-Laboratory
- Participation in conferences, publications in peer-reviewed journals and other media of knowledge transfer
- Continuing education in research skills
- Diploma or Master’s Degree
- in the sustainability sciences (e.g., environmental systems sciences, sustainable development, industrial ecology) or the social sciences (e.g., business administration, economics, sociology, ...) with proficiency and affinity for information technologies and data science, or
- in data science/informatics with proficiency in sustainability management and assessment.
- Ability to conduct independent research
- High commitment and motivation for scientific work and the completion of a doctoral degree in environmental systems sciences
- Personal and social competences for working in international and interdisciplinary teams
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Good knowledge of data science and information technologies
- Very good command of English
- Publication activity beneficial
- Salary scheme of the University Collective Agreement (“Universitäten-KV”): B1
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application documents (motivation letter, CV, certificates) in a timely manner to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions please contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Rupert Baumgartner (Institute of Systems Sciences, Innovation and Sustainability Research) at +43 316 380 3237.
Application Deadline: March 8th 2019